About Us

Welcome to our new website!

The Lindsay organization put down its roots in Galesburg in 1974 when Robert Lindsay Sr. came to Galesburg from the Quad City area.  He partnered with Harold Inman and became part owner of Lindsay Pontiac-Cadillac.  In 1976 Bob Lindsay Jr. joined the dealership and purchased Harold Inman's shares soon after.  GMC truck was added to the lineup in 1977.  In 1979 the Lindsay's purchased Datsun (later becoming Nissan) from Jim Sweet on North Henderson Street in Galesburg.  Soon after that purchase Pontiac, Cadillac and GMC were added to the Nissan location forming Lindsay Auto Centre.  In 1980 Bob Lindsay Jr. purchased the Honda-Oldsmobile store from the Fesler brothers forming Heritage Olds-Honda.  Toyota was added to Honda and Oldsmobile in 1986 and the three lines were moved to a new dealership at 2080 North Henderson Street in Galesburg in the fall of 1987 and renamed Bob Lindsay Olds-Honda-Toyota.  The two dealerships were operated on North Henderson Street for many years and became an integral part of the automotive landscape in Galesburg.  After the sale of the new car franchises in Galesburg, Bob Lindsay Cars was opened in the spring of 2007 at its currant location of 1687 North Henderson Street.  Bob Lindsay Cars handles all makes and models of used cars, trucks and vans and is proud to continue the Lindsay automotive reputation of excellence along with Bob Lindsay Honda and Bob Lindsay Acura of Peoria.